Using the plug ins

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I think one of the example plug in's would be just what I need... but I am not experienced in C++.

would any toastify developer/user care to help me out? I need some advice on how to load the plug in.
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM
What functionality are you actually looking for? The plugins are C# and generally unused...
Jul 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM
I do not know anything about C#, C+ or whatever.

I would like to have Toastify transfer currently playing Song Name and Artist to a Text file automatically. The example plug in would appear to do this. Am I mistaken?
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I am able to do what I need manually, but I would like to have it automated, triggered on a song change alone

Here is a brief description:
  1. Spotify and Toastify are running correctly. A text file exists on my desktop called songname.txt.
  2. spotify plays it's way through a playlist.
  3. When the track changes, toastify pops and displays Songname, Artist and cover art.
  4. I press Ctrl Alt C and copy the info to windows buffer
  5. I open the text file, activate it, highlight the existing info. Press CTRL C and paste the new info.
  6. I edit the hyphen, " - " ( change ascii 20 96 20h to ascii 20 2d 20h )
  7. then SAVE the text file.
  8. job done
  9. Repeat when song name changes.
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:29 AM
oops step 5 was of course Ctrl V
Aug 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I just needed some advice with using the plugins. is no one able to help ? :(
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM
It's definitely possible to build something like this, but it sounds like you don't know how to program, so unless you can find a volunteer to do this for you it isn't going to get done.

An alternative is to dig into C# with some beginner tutorials and see how far you get that way (you can obviously ask specific questions related to Toastify integration as you go along).
Aug 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM
"Don't know how to program" is a bit of a generalised statement.

I am very experienced in coding vba and vb where things are done slightly differently. But you are correct... I have never bothered to learn C#. And I have not got the faintest idea how to load the plugins. Beginner tutorials don't really help unless you want to write "hello world" in the middle of your screen, which I don't.

However, reading through the code that is offered here in "example plugins", I feel sure I am capable of making it do what I need.

I can work out the coding details no problem. The part I don't understand is how to load and use the example plugins,

So my first objective is to load the example plug in and get that working. I am sure its easy, when you know how.

Once I can see how its done I will be able to develop a solution
So, can anyone describe how to use them in a few steps suitable for a C# dummy like me?

What I can offer in return is some documentation so that the next person can go off and do it without asking as I have had to do.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM
This looks pretty interesting. Maybe I'll take a look tonight and see if I can create a sample plugin.

On a side note, I've always used last.fm to scrobble all of my plays. That website does a great job of keeping a history of all of your plays. It even keeps track of which tracks you skipped and more. There is a way to export all of your data from the settings too.
Aug 24, 2014 at 2:36 AM
google
Snip
Aug 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Colda: many thanks to you, SNIP does exactly what I need and works perfectly