Current Song .txt

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Is it possible to write the "PASTE TRACK NAME" directly to a .txt file as soon as a new song starts?

It should trigger (and overwrite) the .txt file as soon as a track starts (same time when Toast shows).
It should write the format listed in General->Clipboard Template:. ("▶ {0}" in my case)
The .txt file can be any name and placed in the Toastify folder. (for example "CurrentSong.txt")
Example content for 'CurrentSong.txt': ▶ Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk

Could this be added or could someone point me into another direction for setting this up?

I would personally use this to setup a "now playing" text in OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for my stream.
I have used "Snip v4.6.0" before the latest Spotify updates. Toastify already extracts the same data - just needs to write it to file.

Thanks for thinking along with me!
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Snip will likely start working again when they fix Spotify, but I could probably add this to Toastify as well. Please open an Issue to track this request.
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2015 at 9:31 AM
Thank you for your reply. I have added the issue here: https://toastify.codeplex.com/workitem/13516

I am already using Toastify for both hotkeys and the Toasts, so it would make more sense to have a single program with all the capabilities.