10 Second time skip hotkey ala foobar. (Audition/find best bit of track without mouse)

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Hi,

Fantastic tool this. Only thing I feel I am lacking is the ability to quickly check out a track. I used to use foobar and loved skipping increments through the track. You could rapidly get to various sections without having to get the mouse involved.

Cheers
Mex
Coordinator
Dec 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Nice idea. 1.7.0 has a present for you :)

Note: This is an initial implementation. Jump is about 5 seconds based on Spotify's set interval. I'll look to tweak this later on.
Dec 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Wahey, Bloomin fantastic!! much appreciated.

As a minor gripe the i experience the following...

i have the 'Rewind' mapped to 'CTRL + <' - this works fantastic i can hold '<' permanently down and tap CTRL and get repeat 5 second decrements. :D

i have the 'fast forward' mapped to 'CTRL + >' - this is not quite so responsive and i have to keydown 'CTRL' then tap '>' then repeat the entire keydown sequence to increment.

it seems somehow the decrement functionality is giving me a slightly superior experience.

It could be my keyboard but i don't think it is.

Anyway much much appreciated work :D
Thanks
Mex
Dec 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM
yeah sorry to confirm, there is definitely a bug in there where by once you have used skip with either 'ALT' or 'CONTROL' the rewind decrement is mapped to a global press of either the 'ALT' or 'CONTROL' you have used.

So for me when i have rewound then tap 'CTRL' all on its own spotify will rewind.

Hope this helps.

Give me a shout if you need further info.

Cheers!
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Weird - can you open an issue under: https://toastify.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic and I'll investigate (I'll start without the Issue, but it's great to have the Issue for tracking)? This will likely have something to do with the new input injection. Repeating the full sequence is expected, hitting Ctrl by itself is not...

Thanks!