This project is read-only.

Making the Toast "Always on top"

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I posted a review about this component and afterward realized that the source is available. I downloaded it and all you have to change in the application is to go to the "Toast.xaml" file, go to the "Window" tag and set "Topmost = true". Now there is nothing added to the UI to allow this to be an option (a future enhancement?) but I changed the version to 1.5.1, recompiled and replaced the EXE file in the installation folder and it works. If anyone wants a copy - let me know or if someone over the project wants that change to the source, let me know.
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I published v. 1.6 with a similar change (sorry, only saw your discussion post later) which should solve this problem across all systems.
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Awesome - thanks for the update, it works great for me!
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Odd. I just installed and the toast is never on top of any windows for me. Running Windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas?
Mar 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I would also like this but I dont see the option in the settings. I am running 1.6
Mar 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I hope this gets fixed/changed. Either way, thanks for the app. It's really helpful. :)
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Still the same problem here. 1.6
Apr 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Still have this problem, windows 7 64 bit
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Just for the record, I have the issue to (Win7, 64bit). Would be great if this could be solved, possibly by solution proposed on top.

Besides that I must say that the shortcuts for pausing/playing etc have been most useful!
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
nachmore, I noticed that after I rebooted with 1.6 that the issue came back, so I don't know why it worked - then stopped - for me but I went back to using the custom version I made. I've also had a handful of requests for that version so I have put the source (zipped up) and just the application up on Skydrive, here's the link: http://sdrv.ms/10VYJZF. Just download Toastify.exe.rename - and drop the "rename" after downloading. Put it in place of the original version in your Program Files\Toastify folder (Program FIles (x86) on 64 bit systems). Feel free to download and use (and the source is up there in case you want it or are paranoid about my change). Hope this helps everyone out.

Wayne
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Thanks vader1809, I'll give your version a try. I forked it too and made the change but it kept reverting after some condition. Wasn't reboot in my case.
Apr 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Awesome - can you send me the code diff? I have another change that just skips WPF altogether and uses the Win32 apis, but if this works, great! I'm running your version now to see what it looks like over here.

Thanks!
Jun 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Thanks Vader for the working app :)
Nachmore can you put his changes to your app ? It seems that the sources are in his zip file.
Jun 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I was able to fix this issue using the information on this website:

http://www.programmingtidbits.com/post/2013/01/05/Setting-WPF-Window-to-be-Always-on-Top.aspx

The key was handling the LostFocus event.
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Nice, even better solution - thanks tmcdouga!
Nov 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I recompiled the source with the Window.Triggers fix that tmcdouga mentioned.

Here's the .exe file if anyone want's it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b98050

Seems to work so far but I haven't tested it thoroughly yet though.
Nov 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM
perkrlsn wrote:
I recompiled the source with the Window.Triggers fix that tmcdouga mentioned.

Here's the .exe file if anyone want's it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b98050

Seems to work so far but I haven't tested it thoroughly yet though.
Would you mind uploading the source for this? I tried doing it myself with tmcdouga's information but couldn't get it to work properly for some reason.
Dec 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Hey, have just installed Toastify and am really happy with it in general, brilliant idea. The only thing is that the pop ups don't stay on top of other windows as you originally noted here. Really appreciate that you guys already seem to be working on this. I have very little programming experience so was wondering whether you could post an easy step-by-step on how to fix this? I tried to link from tmcdouga but I'm not even sure where to start... Or maybe there's a new version coming out soon? Thanks very much.
Mar 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Just got Toastify and am super excited. However this issue seems to still exist! Enough folks here seem to have provided solutions, should be able to get it into the real build, right? Also does anyone have the exe that's up on that sunspace place that they can just put on One/SkyDrive/Box/DropBox -something- that doesn't require all this crapware? :)
May 28, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Look for a build in a couple of days...
Oct 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Nice, works perfectly for me! Thanks for the fix, now Toastify is perfect for me!