This project is read-only.

Global Hotkeys for Volume Up/Down

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hi there,

it's my first time here so I hope this is the right place. I recently tested some music streaming services. I was surprised to find out that none of them comes with (reliable) Global Hotkeys like foobar for example. For Spotify at least there is your great tool Toastify. So currently that's my favorite combination. Toastify works fine but there is one little thing that annoys me.

When I use a Global Hotkey for Volume Up or Down it doesn't change the Volume slider within Spotify but it changed the global volume in Windows. So when I play a game the game is influenced as well. When I'm in TeamSpeak the volume there is changed as well and so on. For the this is "gamebreaking". Isn't there a way to make Toastify use/change the internal volume of Spotify without touching the general volume in Windows?

Currently this keeps me from using Spotify. I'm not joking but I would even pay for this feature. Thanks in advance for your replies and ideas.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Unfortunately Spotify uses its own volume control mechanism which external apps can't hook into (at least, not when I last checked), this means that the only volume we can control is the global one. Sorry.